Write for us!
We’re always on the lookout for new content, experiences, photos and travel journals. If you would like to write for rockchucksummit.com, please let us know! We welcome quality content from contributors either as freelance writers for our topics or as guest posts and community member posts.
Write for rockchucksummit.com
All writers receive the following benefit as part of publishing on Rockchucksummit.com
- Backlink to your website/blog/portfolio.
- Byline/Bio box- just like featured in the rest of our posts.
- Promotional Recognition – when we post & share on social media we will fully recognize our writers
- Facebook Boost, Sponsored Tweets, Pinned “pinterests.”
- Article statistics – reads, shares, analytics – metrics we can use to help improve!
- Easy to use templates for Posts, Pages, “Cornerstone pieces” & Product Reviews.
- Custom editorial designs & styles for recurring columns (and direct WordPress writer access!)
- Private forum for writer collaboration.
What types of articles are we looking to publish?
- English based topics
- Inspirational articles
- Comprehensive travel guides
- Gear reviews
- Trail reviews
- Destination guides
- National Parks
- Adventure Travel
- Skiing/hiking/snowboarding etc..
- Outdoors – Camping/Fishing/Sporting
We look for content that helps people, that gives something to our readers. If you enjoy writing about adventure, sharing your experiences but also helping readers know what they need to enjoy their adventure we’d love to have you write for us.
Article Submission requirements:
- Content must be unique, free from plagiarism.
- Rockchucksummit.com retains exclusive rights for publication.
- Submissions must include hi-res images to use as featured image and articles with images in-line do better with viewers. These photos must be available for use on our website. We reserve rights of publication of images to use on social media including Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Instagram.
- Write posts in blog style – read some of ours to get an idea. This includes bullets, lists, short paragraphs, use of headings. Think of how you can convey your message but also make it readable, searchable and usable.
- Write in your voice and support your ideas, suggestions, and message with experience and stories. Back up your piece with factual information that readers can use to “Take home” – Ideas to have their own adventure, what they may need or some advice.
- We reserve the right to edit/update/revises posts as needed. This includes SEO optimization and enhancements to content as needed to optimize our publisher and reader experience.
How long should posts be?
For blog posts, we recommend 800-1000 words. Please don’t use filler words to achieve word counts. If your post is smaller, that is OK as long as its clear and concise and conveys the message you’re trying to convey.
Do you Pay?
First-time contributors are provided a link to their website or writing portfolio. Repeat contributors will receive compensation for their posts which averages $50 to $100.00+ per post (or as agreed for pitched articles, we pay more for long form, sponsored treks, deep-dives and such) and is calculated online. We provide bonus payouts for popular articles, high facebook likes, positive reader comments and contributors who create strong demand & readership. We want you to be successful. Repeat contributors get access to WordPress as an author to publish into our workflow for submissions and approvals.
If the post appears as a marketing pitch, the post will be revised/edited/removed or we will flag it as a guest post in which case you won’t be compensated but you will be able to have the guest post with link.
Pitch an Article or submit a guest post
If you wish to submit an article or pitch an articles/series, please use the contact form to get in touch with us. We would love to hear what you’re passionate about and to collaborate with you. Guest posts and pitched articles will be reviewed on a case by case basis to make sure they fit our content and quality guidelines. We do not accept guests posts that are a pure affiliate link or sales pitch post.
Pitch a column
We would love weekly, bi-weekly or monthly columns. Send us your pitch! Sell us on a great idea and let’s collaborate!
When will I hear back on my pitch?
Please allow up to 5 business days to hear back on pitched articles. We try to reply much quicker but there are times when we’re not around.
Why write for us?
We love our writers, and we want you to be successful and enjoy what you do. We’re here to listen, help and build each other up together to be as successful as possible. We want to know what makes you tick, what makes you thrive and we want to help make sure you succeed.
Don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions you have before you submit. We will gladly review any proposals or happily answer any questions or concerns you may have! We know you may have some thoughts and ideas not yet covered here and would be excited to hear your pitch!